I have some drawings in a London exhibition which starts this week. Opening night this Thursday (14th May), 7pm-10pm, all welcome!
Paintwork # 2, 15-29 May 2009
SW1 Gallery, Victoria, London
Art about or inspired by The Fall, the UK’s hardest-working group and the ONLY band to deliver on the promise of the punk years. Led by Mark E Smith, charismatic storyteller, hard-line front man and BBC football score keeper.
Opening event Thurs 14th May (7-10pm), live music 15th May
- cover artists – Pascal le Gras, Anthony Frost, Savage Pencil, Claus Castenskiold, Mark Kennedy, Suzanne Smith (sister of Mark)
- musicians – Jeffrey Lewis, Knud Odde (Danish rock legend), Jowe Head (Swell Maps), Safy Sniper, Globo
- fine artists – Dave Muller, Rik van Iersel, Paul Housley, Tommy Crooks (ex-Fall member)
- cartoonists – Elaine Will, Harley Richardson
- photographers and film makers – Michael Pollard, Robert Palumbo
Full details in attached press release.
SW1 Gallery, 12 Cardinal Walk, Roof Garden Level, Cardinal Place (Off Victoria Street), London SW1E 5JE