A selection of my nudie drawings are now available to purchase for reasonable prices. See Original art for details.
The House of Harley’s comics anthology Ugly Mug is back after a 30 year break.
Order your copy now from Lulu.
The forces of optimism and pessimism battle it out over 72 pages in this horror-themed mag, which features new strips and drawings by the creme of the British small press cartooning scene:
- Organic Matter – an auxillary brain is assembled, in a twisted tale by Ed Pinsent
- Peasholm Island – prologue to the forthcoming graphic novel The Rightful King of the North Riding by Marc Baines
- Father Gilderoy Investigates – meet John Bagnall‘s dynamic sleuth
- Somberline: Dreams of Power – ominous politics in this Chris Reynolds one-pager
- Snak – an art-punk drawing from Savage Pencil‘s Animals Eating Other Animals series
- Beserker – Tom Tiffin‘s spider fellow is too mangled for the Multiverse
- Postcards From A Nother Place – images from the interstellar travels of Denny Derbyshire
- Put Your Best Foot Fwd – a radical self-help philosophy, modelled by Canadian contortionist and performance artist Ess Hödlmoser aka Strange and Wonderful Creature
- Ugly Mugshots snapped by Niall Richardson
- The Saga of the Scroll – Harry Excess encounters a giant octopus and other evil omens, in chapter 5 of Ed Pinsent‘s Windy Wilberforce epic
And from the House of Harley studio…
- Enigmatic cover star Voodoo Master undergoes a mid-life crisis
- Harvey’s S-S-S-Secret – Hollywood actor Harvey Keitel faces his biggest fear
- Count Dracula’s Great Secret is revealed, in a tribute to Paul Naschy, 1970s ice lolly ads and picnic vodka
- Seb, stranded in fog – where is everyone?
- The Kommuter Kronicle exposes the psycho-political horror of public transport policy
- Discourage the Use of Cash – the House of Harley’s Behavioural Research Unit strikes
- Negative Lad asks what good are superpowers in this misbegotten world?
- Trick or Street – never drive at night!
- Harmless Delusions about Rice Krispies and Padron Peppers
- How to make your own Golden Flavoured Syrup
- Dora the Art Restorer reveals a trade secret
- Dunstan Hunna puts the washing out
- Reflexology – a rude pictorial poem
- A glimpse behind the scenes at the House of Harley studio
Published Nov 2021. 72 pages, black and white premium stock, A4 paperback.
Not suitable for children.
£9.95 + postage. Order now from Lulu.
A handful of Ugly Mug back issues are available from the Shop.
You can own the cover of Ugly Mug 5 on a t-shirt, sticker, pillow, tote bag and even a mug.
Now you can own the cover of the forthcoming Ugly Mug 5 on a t-shirt, sticker, magnet, or yes, a mug. See the full range of goodies at the House of Harley store at Teepublic.
Coming very soon… the first issue of the House of Harley’s comics anthology, Ugly Mug, in 30 years… featuring guest cartoonists Ed Pinsent, Marc Baines, John Bagnall, Savage Pencil, Denny Derbyshire, Chris Reynolds, Tom Tiffin, Niall Richardson and a brace of comics and drawings by the House of Harley studio stevedores.
Get in touch if you would like to be notified when it’s published.