The House of Harley cuts ’22 in two with 100 pages of prime comix-art righteousness.
Order your copy now from Lulu.
IN THIS ISSUE: stealable dogs – dangling ropes – trained penguins – rising bills – country retreats – comfy chairs – unbreakable belt – dancing on the ceiling – street nudity – a bottomless bucket – apocalypse gumbo – social media dischord – abandoned wrecks – fresh bread – aniseed balls – stinging nettles – Ray Harryhausen cameo – hate speech clampdowns – a field full of hares
City and country are explored in story and picture by our intrepid contributors, including the krispy kreme of the British small press cartooning scene, plus a pastry platter of international guests…
- Endicott and the Case of the Five Windows – an Astorial Anecdote by Ed Pinsent
- Sous Chef Blues – the twisted politics of food exposed by Tom Baxter Tiffin
- Viktor Frankenstein Retired – anonymity and seclusion in a seaside town, by John Bagnall
- In Spelunca – Marc Baines reveals the secret lodged in the caves of Whitby
- The Young Prince Umsween – a new take on an old allegory by Chris Reynolds
- I Got Hung on the Wire – Jason Atomic gets tangled up in barbed wire and brambles
- Street scenes and portrait sketches – city living illustrated by Patricia Gaignat
- Sandecay – vast skies, truth and lies documented by Orkney vistor iestyn
- RSD Lang Record Detective – Ed Pinsent‘s intemperate sleuth investigates The Beatles’ White Album
- Cardboard cities – radical street plans designed by Jim Barker
- Japanese graphix – four eye-popping drawings by the mysterious Masaman
- Windy Wilberforce – word harvests and corrupted crops in chapter 6 of Ed Pinsent‘s The Saga of the Scroll
- Scenes from Club Mancuso – portraits of visitors to the prestigous floating venue, by owner Vince Mancuso
- Winter of the Asteroids – an astral gathering attended by Denny Derbyshire
“A mixture of genius and drivel, just like comics should be. I laughed! I cried! I scratched my head!”
Roger Sabin, Professor of Popular Culture, Central Saint Martin
Plus lots more from the anonymous artists of the House of Harley studio…
- Seb, Suspended – our heroine’s world goes topsy turvy
- While the City Slumbers – giants walk the land
- PCSO Dan – creates content for the community
- Patricia does not do the dishes – and explains why
- Smoked-Out Shindig – Greek goddess sabotages party
- Reading the Streets – urban literacy
- What is a Product Manager? – the House of Harley explains
- Dora the Art Restorer – faces her biggest challenge yet
- Into the Shadow Realm – naked abstraction awaits
- Nothing to See Here – censorship in action
- How to read Ugly Mug – a user’s guide
- Voodoo Master Funnies – you’ll laugh your head off
- Hangin’ with the House of Harley – fan questions answered
£14.99 + postage. Order now from Lulu.
Published Oct 2022. 100 pages, black and white premium stock, A4 paperback.
Not suitable for children.
“…adult oriented artwork from the world’s foremost underground cartoonists… high weirdness in the comic book sphere…” – The Bedlam Files
“As the gears in the mind of this magician (with his hieratic hat and cape) start to turn, so too do our minds churn as we struggle to make sense of the fascinating, puzzling contents of Ugly Mug 6!” – reviewed by Ed Pinsent (part 1 and part 2)
“…the Monty Python of comic books… they dragged it across the ocean from Great Britain…” – Talking Small Press Comics