The HOUSE OF HARLEY presents 120 pages of IN YOUR FACE comics to AMUSE and CONFUSE.
ADULTS ONLY. Order your copy now from Lulu.
IN THIS ISSUE: heavenly objects – dusty shelves – voting kids – actors high on amphetamines – burning rivers – blood pressure pills – ragtime jazz – horses of the future – amorphous empires – police stations on fire – stopped clocks – green herrings – art misattributed to Banksy – sticky floors – Philly steaks – pensioners on trampolines – a dominion of shades in waiting silence
Ugly Mug, the House of Harley’s annual anthology of primo grade underground art-comix, is BACK to put 2023 in its place. The finest pens of the British small press join forces with a gaggle of international guests for an exhilarating exploration of karma and chaos…
- Otherweirdly – epic notions of another world by Denny Derbyshire
- How a Comic is Made – John Bagnall goes inside the factory
- The Imbalance of Nature – weird and wonderful extremes of life documented by Ed Pinsent
- I Fucking Hate Steroids – iestyn demonstrates the drawbacks of prescription medication
- Duk U Sucka – Tom Baxter Tiffin‘s tale of Ned Kelly lost in The Dreamtime
- Respecto! – how do you get it, asks Hal Weaver
- RSD Lang – Ed Pinsent‘s record detective regrets discovering Noise Music
- King Kong Memories – Jason Atomic shaves the beast
- Cafe society scenes – caputred on-the-spot by Patricia Gaignat
- Advisory Bureau – John Bagnall explains how to deal with modern living
- Batlight – Chris Reynolds takes a ride in an elevator
- Windy Wilberforce – Harry Excess tangles with Dr Fengele in chapter 7 of Ed Pinsent‘s The Saga of the Scroll
- Dogbreath – Savage Pencil‘s misanthropic mutt dreams of world destruction
- Plus bonus slices of British life served up by John Bagnall
- And eye popping graphix by Alberto Monteiro, Masaman, Jim Barker and Oxideguy
All the above contained within iestyn‘s bewildering wraparound cover.
“If you think comics should be fun as well as deeply serious, and want to ingest a brew of art laced with heavy doses of insanity, wonder, and escapades inside the Dream-House, then this totally unique underground publication is your beer.”
Ed Pinsent, The Sound Projector
As if that’s not enough to unsettle your equilibrium, there’s all this and more from the artists of the House of Harley studio…
- Start Your Day the Ugly Mug Way – 100% sound lifestyle advice from our resident expert
- Take the Children Out of Town – a crisis of adulthood played out in Seussian rhyme
- Seb, Surrounded – our hardy heroine battles an enemy she cannot see
- Mark E Smith Music Teacher – The Fall singer’s secret side hustle
- PCSO Dan – cannabis farm and fur baby bulletins from your local community copper
- There, there – when life gets on top of us, we all need some home comfort
- Seminal Surprises – you’ll be amazed by what can be produced
- Try Harder – Mister Tut Tut sets the world to rights
- Voodoo Master Selfies – Instagram highlights
- No Kisses Before Christmas – be patient, Busy Lizzie has a lot on her plate
- Mr Jimmy Joist Biology Teacher – retrieves young Raymond’s lost homework
- Corporate Responsibility – why everyone should apply to work at the House of Harley
Published Sept 2023. A4 paperback., 120 pages.
“As jammed-packed with beguiling thrilling stuff as any British X-mas Annual of yore, these curated creations brim with surreal narrative force and come overloaded with wry and witty visual oomph…” – Win Wiacek, Now Read This!
“Adults only… they weren’t kidding.” – Talking Small Press Comics
“…an experimental mix of comics and art, often both at the same time… a valuable resource with some great underground creators” – The Awesome Comics Podcast
£19.99 + postage. ADULTS ONLY.
Order now from Lulu.