The House of Harley’s comics anthology Ugly Mug is back after a 30 year break.
Order your copy now from Lulu.
The forces of optimism and pessimism battle it out over 72 pages in this horror-themed mag, which features new strips and drawings by the creme of the British small press cartooning scene:
- Organic Matter – an auxillary brain is assembled, in a twisted tale by Ed Pinsent
- Peasholm Island – prologue to the forthcoming graphic novel The Rightful King of the North Riding by Marc Baines
- Father Gilderoy Investigates – meet John Bagnall‘s dynamic sleuth
- Somberline: Dreams of Power – ominous politics in this Chris Reynolds one-pager
- Snak – an art-punk drawing from Savage Pencil‘s Animals Eating Other Animals series
- Beserker – Tom Tiffin‘s spider fellow is too mangled for the Multiverse
- Postcards From A Nother Place – images from the interstellar travels of Denny Derbyshire
- Put Your Best Foot Fwd – a radical self-help philosophy, modelled by Canadian contortionist and performance artist Ess Hödlmoser aka Strange and Wonderful Creature
- Ugly Mugshots snapped by Niall Richardson
- The Saga of the Scroll – Harry Excess encounters a giant octopus and other evil omens, in chapter 5 of Ed Pinsent‘s Windy Wilberforce epic
And from the House of Harley studio…
- Enigmatic cover star Voodoo Master undergoes a mid-life crisis
- Harvey’s S-S-S-Secret – Hollywood actor Harvey Keitel faces his biggest fear
- Count Dracula’s Great Secret is revealed, in a tribute to Paul Naschy, 1970s ice lolly ads and picnic vodka
- Seb, stranded in fog – where is everyone?
- The Kommuter Kronicle exposes the psycho-political horror of public transport policy
- Discourage the Use of Cash – the House of Harley’s Behavioural Research Unit strikes
- Negative Lad asks what good are superpowers in this misbegotten world?
- Trick or Street – never drive at night!
- Harmless Delusions about Rice Krispies and Padron Peppers
- How to make your own Golden Flavoured Syrup
- Dora the Art Restorer reveals a trade secret
- Dunstan Hunna puts the washing out
- Reflexology – a rude pictorial poem
- A glimpse behind the scenes at the House of Harley studio
Published Nov 2021. 72 pages, black and white premium stock, A4 paperback.
Not suitable for children.
£9.95 + postage. Order now from Lulu.
A handful of Ugly Mug back issues are available from the Shop.
You can own the cover of Ugly Mug 5 on a t-shirt, sticker, pillow, tote bag and even a mug.